Get to Know Our Work with Depot Injections
At Oakwood Labs, we are a leader in the manufacturing and development of sustained release pharmaceuticals, also known as depot injections. With over 20 years of expertise in depot drug development, our microsphere technology enables sustained release over durations of two weeks to one year.
Learn more about the depot drug manufacturing from Oakwood Labs.
Why Choose Depot Injections?
When it comes to depot injections, there are various advantages to receiving this form of medication. Some key reasons to consider depot drug development include:
- Reduced number of injections needed – Due to the sustained release component, inconvenient and frequent injections are not needed.
- Increase patient compliance – If you have difficulty remembering to take medication regularly or fail to receive injections, depot injections are a way to combat noncompliance.
- Prevention of drug abuse – Depot drug injections reduce the possibility of using an excessive amount of a drug.
- Targeting to specific areas – With this type of injection, higher drug concentration can be delivered to the targeted area.
Choose Our Depot Drug Manufacturing at Oakwood Labs
Oakwood labs has state-of-the-art technology to solve all of the challenges with developing and manufacturing pharmaceutical injectables. Our microsphere technology, Chroniject™, is a patented, polymer-based injectable that is compatible with small molecules, hormones, peptides, and proteins. With our advanced technology, we have the ability to demonstrate lot-to-lot reproducibility and scale-up successes.
Some of the characteristics of why our technology stands out, include:
- Fast development of formulations using small scale batches
- Formulations are scalable
- Controlled process parameters
- Lot-to-lot reproducibility
- Compatible with small molecules
- Flexible release duration
- Exceptional stability
- Applications in multiple therapeutic indications
We understand that developing a depot injection requires high-quality manufacturing. The Oakwood Labs team is dedicated to achieving milestones within deadlines, providing transparent communication, adapting to change, and offering expertise through the entirety of the process.
Our Process for Formulating Microparticles in Depot Injections
When clients come to us for microparticle depot drug manufacturing, we start by determining the optimal product profile. We begin by optimizing the following:
- Active pharmaceutical ingredient (API)
- Duration of release
- Particle size
- Vial size
- Needle size
- Appropriate solvent system
- Stable state levels
- Method of administration
- Drug load
After we optimize the product profile, we then begin to evaluate if the target product is compatible with our technology. The steps for this process include:
- Pre-formulation activities – The result of these determines how we develop for batch production.
- Manufacture and characterize feasibility formulations – The team will manufacture and characterize microsphere formulation pilot batches and vary formulation parameters if needed.
- Finalize feasibility report and choose lead formulations for animal testing – The last step includes finalizing a feasibility summary report, recommending lead formulations for animal studies, and supplying material for initiating animal study.
With our advanced capabilities, you can rely on Oakwood Labs for your depot drug manufacturing. Throughout the entire manufacturing process, we are highly transparent with our clients, and all of our projects are agreed to by our clients beforehand.
Contact Us Today for Depot Drug Development Today
For over 20 years, our advanced technology and manufacturing capabilities have supported all phases of depot drug manufacturing and have solved complex challenges in the depot injection industry.
Contact us today to learn more about the solutions that Oakwood Labs can provide.